- A maximum of 10km per hour will apply to vehicles on site.
- Any person riding a bike (powered or not) must wear a helmet at all times.
- Remember the Queanbeyan Showground is surrounded by properties and their privacy must be respected.
- Your exact campsite area is to be left clean on departure. multiple skip bins and other bins are available for rubbish disposal.
- Town water is available at taps evenly spaced around the complex. This is suitable for drinking and highlighted on your map.
- No log style campfires will be allowed to be lit at the site. Queanbeyan Council Ruling.(but gas fires for cooking are allowed, and must be attended at all times)
- Persons consuming alcohol will be required to behave responsibly.
- Name tags to be displayed at all times for security.When entering the event site, all attendees must display their car windscreen access sticker at all times to pass through security, plus logo car flag.
- The sales of goods and services other than from stallholders is prohibited on the event site without expressed permission of the Oz Mega Committee.
- Grandstand lights work similar to streetlights in that they come on automatically just after sunset. Lights in and around the toilet/ shower blocks will remain on constantly.
- The Committee strongly urges that pets be kept home ,or to be organised to be taken care of.A large event is not really for pets ! If its a must,pets must be kept under control at all times, and dogs to remain on leads, and not left unattended.
- Pets are prohibited in buildings and areas where food is consumed as well as entertainment and stage region.
- The showground is surrounded by roads and houses and under no circumstances are pets allowed onto these properties or places.
- It’s the responsibility of the pet owner to clean up after their pets.
- A noise curfew will be in effect from 10:30pm nightly through to 8am, this includes generators and excessive noise.
- Remember families are trying to sleep and the complex is surrounded by houses.
- Porta potties and cassette toilets are not to be emptied into the main toilets. There is a blue sullage dump point for caravans and campervans at the far end of the arena right next to the big tree with the fence around it.
- Toilets will be available 24 hours
- Hot showers will be available 24 hours.
- Whilst caching in the greater Canberra and Queanbeyan areas, please respect all the geocaching rules as you would normally, when you signed up to join Geocaching.com. The highest emphasis is placed on this point, due to the enormous searches expected.
- Please respect local cache log books, and use brief signatures as over the 4 days they will get a lot of entries. On micro and nano caches please use your “Team initials only “. Cache owners will understand and appreciate this during a large event. e.g. TEAM CRACKERS 19/4/19 =TC 19/4
- Please respect local cache hides and replace exactly as you found it.If you are the last team to sign the last spot on a sheet , please try to assist the local owner and place a basic new piece of paper in the cache for the next finder. The owners wont have time to duck out but will appreciate your assistance. Thank you .
WHILST WE WANT ALL GEOCACHERS TO HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THEMSELVES, PLEASE RESPECT ALL THE RULES FOR THE ENJOYMENT OF OTHERS.
Ten exciting lab caches are being created by the Clear Waters Games Team and will be available from Saturday, 20 April at the Clear Waters event. All ten will be located within the Queanbeyan Showground and accessible until the event closes on Monday, 22 April at 10am.
In addition, Geocaching HQ has awarded five lucky Canberra geocachers a chance to create Adventures and many of these will be set up and available to attendees to find. These Adventures will also be accessed using the Adventure Lab phone app and will be located across the Queanbeyan and Canberra region.
Now is the time to download the FREE ‘Adventure Lab’ app available for both IOS and Android from the App Store on your phone. You will need the new app to access the lab caches that will be available at the Clear Waters event and also Adventures hidden outside of events for the general geocaching community to enjoy.
This is the official identifying mark that permits your car re-entry into the showground complex, past security guards and volunteers. The first time of arrival , you will need to verbally have your team checked on a list at the gate.
- The Event Souvenir after logging your ‘Attended’, and if you set the attend date between 20-22nd April.
- If you are Geocaching for the first time ever in the NSW or ACT ,you will receive a Souvenir for each.
Am I allowed to bring a friend, relative or muggle to the event for a holiday?
Yes, This is a great way to introduce Geocaching to them, and is highly recommended by Groundspeak and the Oz Mega Committee. There is no
better time and place than Canberra and Queanbeyan to bring the family and relatives for the holiday of a lifetime at affordable camping prices and
family friendly onsite meal prices.They are entitled to all entertainment and everything within the event. When registering , you will need to
include their name for a name tag as a security pass.They will be part of your team.A huge percentage of the sights in Canberra are free , so start
your group planning now and try to encourage a minimum 4 night stay and hopefully up to 8 nights on site and enjoy all regions caches and
- large skip bins will be brought in for the event .They will be distributed and placed around the ground for your convenience and emptied and removed on the Tuesday 23rd April.
- Please use the bin facilities and keep your camping area free of any rubbish as a good geocacher should.
POLICE AND HOSPITALS
Official letters will go to both the Queanbeyan Police , Canberra Police and local hospitals , which will be delivered in-person to explain the details of a large geocaching event . We will explain why a lot of geocachers will be out and about in strange places for a 10 day period. The Queanbeyan Police Station is located just 100m from the northern corner of the ground. For the hospital , it’s just prior information that a large event will be in progress.
The official activation code for your EVENT GEOCOIN within your registration pack.
The flag will be made of 200D knitted polyester and have the top third highlighted with their personal “Geocaching.com” team name. The bottom two-thirds will feature the colourful event logo. This will be yours to keep .
We ask that participants please attach the flags to the car window and keep them on for the duration of the event. Many reasons for this are:
- The police will be notified about this flag procedure and it will calm suspicion if they see a car in an odd place or late at night in a strange location geocaching.
- You can also see if another Geocacher is at the designated location during the event in the car park. It might be a tourist attraction, tour group, individual cache, game situation and many more places.
- It also gives security at the gates early warning that a Geocacher is approaching and re- entering the site.
QUEANBEYAN / CANBERRA WEATHER
|Normal Max/ High Temperature||25°C (76°F)|
|Average Temperature||18°C (64°F)|
|Min/ Low Temperature||11°C (51°F)|
|Normal Precipitation||54mm (2.1in)|
|Number of Wet Days (probability of rain on a day)||7 (23%)|
|Average Sunlight per day||07:30|
We encourage every team to try to make this a milestone event in their stats. What this means ? A milestone cache find is on one of the ” thousand numbers ” e.g. : 1,000 2,000 3,000 , 4,000 5,000 QUESTION: What do i have to do. ? You must be on a denomination of 999 as you enter the main gates and mark the event as the next one to round it up to a whole thousand. This will give teams plenty of time in the months prior to try to mark this as their very memorable ” official milestone event ” . Sign the appropriate page at the registration desk part 2 and they will all be acknowledged on the stage during presentations.
As you will be aware , you can still date it on the Sunday.
We encourage to join and like a the related Facebook groups.
Clear Water Facebook page.
Geocaching Canberra Facebook page
Pilgrimage to the National Capital (facebook page)
If you have not been to a large before and wish to see some of the highlights of the first 2 in Australia , sit back and enjoy this package and some of the upcoming Canberra highlights as well with this video link
The volunteers will monitor the trackables, TB’s, coins , any collections and pathag collections within one huge outdoor exhibition pavilion. Each state of Australia will be labelled with a ‘ Traveling to ” and ” Traveling From ” section together with a world section. Its very important that trackables are logged into the event well in advance . If you can , start collecting your trackables from caches from xmas time onwards. Owners wont mind you have them , just log them into the event so they know where they are. Drop them into the volunteers .
There will be a free raffle with stunning prizes for TB’s dropped off. For each TB entered you will receive 2 free raffle tickets in the draw for some lavish prizes on presentation night. All TB’s moving on may be picked up from 3 PM Sunday and not before. Please try to get into the spirit of the EVENT and bring as many as you can muster over the prior 4 months.
TRACKABLES FREE RAFFLE
For every trackable logged into the event and dropped off at the trackable marquee you will receive a free raffle ticket in the trackable draw. You cannot buy tickets or receive tickets by any other means other than logging in trackables, to the event. All prizes will be drawn on the Sunday night presentations.
You may wish to show your support for the the event by pasting the HTML Banner Code onto your next cache page as advertising and awareness of the Clear Waters event.
The Grand Opening will feature on the Good Friday evening involving the stage and grandstand and area in front of the grandstand.The official ribbon will be cut by the Mayor of Queanbeyan and many other officials to signify the official opening.
OFFICIAL GROUP PHOTOGRAPH
This will be taken at the same time as the Grand Opening on the Good Friday night. A photographer from the Canberra Times will be on hand for the large group photo to go to press in the Canberra Times. All attendees will be asked to be in the grandstand or the area immediately in front of the grandstand.All the spotlights will be turned around from the stage to the audience to highlight the photos. Committee will take photos in conjunction.
The Easter Sunday at 10 am will see the first ever EVENT GRAND PARADE at Parliament House. At the designated itinerary time all the attendees will drive on Parliament Road which is the closest inner road to the building. Geocachers will join in the moving parade on any of the entry roads with car flags on full display and parade around Parliament House in a anticlockwise direction at the given “speed -limit ” for 15 minutes.The official photographers will be on hand , so give them a wave as you go buy , beep your horn and enjoy the once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of something special.
Each night after dark from Thursday night, the large cinema screen will be adjacent to the stage.
There will be many activities highlighted including the opening and closing ceremonies, Geotour highlights each day, speeches, prize presentations and the final night entertainment.
We have plenty of popular deaf Geocachers attending the event. A geocaching team will be conducting a interpreter service for the group as a service for the duration of the event.